Domestic Violence Support
CatholicCare provides supports and services to adults, children and young people who are experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, domestic and family violence.
In May 2022 CatholicCare, in partnership with Helem Yumba, became the Domestic & Family Violence Support Program provider for areas across Central Queensland. This page is currently being updated to reflect our new program.
- Information, referral, and advocacy
- Safety Planning & Support Plans
- Counselling – including Child Witness Counselling
- Crisis Support
- Court Support
For more information, or to access our services, please call us on 1300 523 985
What is domestic and family violence?
Family and domestic violence can affect anyone. It occurs when someone intentionally uses violence, threats, force or intimidation to control or manipulate a family member, partner or former partner.
This can include:
- Physical violence
- Damage to property
- Non-consensual sexual contact
- Financial control
- Emotional manipulation
- Abuse, or threats to commit any of the above
Who else can help?
There are a range of other organisation that provide support services and useful information you may find helpful.
In an emergency dial triple zero – 000.
- DV Connect (Women’s Line) – 1800 811 811
- DV Connect (Men’s Line) – 1800 600 636
- Legal Aid Queensland – 1300 651 188
- Women’s Legal Service – 1800 957 957
- Qld Indigenous Family Violence Legal Service – 1800 887 700
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- Hearing Impaired – TTY 1800 550 660
- Interpreting and Translating Service – 131 450