Your Springtime Home Maintenance Checklist
Posted on September 13th, 2022
As the days get longer and the temperature begins rise, CatholicCare Home and Yard Maintenance team leader Mick Swan said now was the perfect time to give our homes that tender loving care that may have been missed during the cooler months.
“We spend a lot of time in and around our home, so it pays to look after it,” he said.
Mick said one of the best ways to get started, was to follow a maintenance checklist.
There are two main aspects to consider: Cleaning & General Maintenance.
- Check for signs of mould or mildew
- Clean air conditioner filters
- Clean smoke alarms every six months
- Clean ceiling fans and have fan socks installed
- Have your gutters checked and cleared of any debris
- Check and service locks to doors and windows to keep you safe from unwanted guests
- Lubricate door hinges to avoid annoying squeaks
- Check screens on doors and windows for holes and tears
- Check rollers on windows
- Replace smoke alarm batteries
- Check for leaks
- Check undersink flexi hoses for signs of deterioration
- Check all lights are working to their full capacity
- Install a lock box
We can help
Did you know that we provide Home & Yard Maintenance services in the Rockhampton and Bundaberg Region?
To find out more, please call our friendly team on 1300 523 985 or message us on Facebook.